OMIA:000187-9913 : Chondrodysplasia, generic in Bos taurus
In other species: dog , pig , domestic cat
Categories: Skeleton phene (incl. short stature & teeth)
Links to MONDO diseases: No links.
Mendelian trait/disorder: unknown
Considered a defect: yes
Key variant is published: no
Cross-species summary: Abnormal growth of cartilage, leading to disproportionate dwarfism.
Species-specific description: Information previously listed here relating the chondrodysplasia caused by mutations in the EVC2 (also called limbin) gene has been moved to 'OMIA 002540-9913 : Chondrodysplasia, EVC2-related in Bos taurus' [22/03/2022].
Breed: Angus (Cattle) (VBO_0000104).
Note: the references are listed in reverse chronological order (from the most recent year to the earliest year), and alphabetically by first author within a year.
|2003||Mishra, BP., Reecy, JM. :|
|Mutations in the limbin gene previously associated with dwarfism in Japanese brown cattle are not responsible for dwarfism in the American Angus breed. Anim Genet 34:311-2, 2003. Pubmed reference: 12873227 .|
|1991||Owen, J.B., Axford, R.F.E. :|
|Spider and Other Major Genes in Farm Livestock Breeding for Disease Resistance in Farm Animals (eds J.B. Owen and R.F. Axford) chap 25:439-448, 1991.|
- Created by Mohammad Shariflou on 07 Nov 2006
- Changed by Frank Nicholas on 07 Oct 2011
- Changed by Frank Nicholas on 09 Dec 2011
- Changed by Frank Nicholas on 21 Sep 2012
- Changed by Frank Nicholas on 03 Sep 2014
- Changed by Frank Nicholas on 10 Sep 2014
- Changed by Frank Nicholas on 15 Sep 2014
- Changed by Frank Nicholas on 11 Apr 2016
- Changed by Frank Nicholas on 25 Jan 2018
- Changed by Imke Tammen2 on 22 Mar 2022